CERTIFICATES OF INSURANCE SEMINAR
What You See Isn't Always What You Get!
As an owner or manager, it's up to you to make sure that you receive the appropriate insurance coverage from your tenants and vendors. Do you require proper certificates of insurance from your contractors? Are you collecting a valid certificate of insurance from your tenants annually? Not having proper coverage can mean the difference between an enormous financial burden and a lawsuit avoided. But with all of the check boxes and codes and complex insurance terms found on certificates, this can make for a confusing process. Join BOMA Fellow Tom Gille, Principal, REAL Systems as he explains Certificates of Insurance from A-to-Z, and be certain you're taking all the right steps to protect yourself and the client for whom you're working.
(Credit: 2.5 hours CPD)
This session will:
- Explain the difference in protection between a Certificate of Liability and Property Insurance;
- Clarify what a Certificate confirms and what supplemental endorsements you should obtain to go along with the certificate;
- Discuss how to tell if all of the required coverage has been obtained by your tenants and contractors;
- Why "Waivers of Subrogation" are especially important for workers' comp policies;
- Share what to look for to verify whether a certificate is credible or suspicious.
Member Price: $90. Non-member Price: $105.
Event Sponsored by McNevin Bay Area Cleaning Specialists
PAY BY CHECK: Click here and complete the registration form and email to Karen Chiles, email@example.com. Please include a copy of the form when you mail in your check to BOMA San Francisco, 233 Sansome Street 8th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94104.
Policies: Cancellations must be received no later than Monday, February 4 to obtain a refund. No refunds or credits for no-shows.
Registration questions? Contact Karen Chiles, 415-362-8567 x1112, firstname.lastname@example.org.