Law and Risk Management presents information about torts, contracts, employer/employee relations, property rights, leasing and conveyancing, and environmental law and insurance. It also discusses the insurance market, different types of insurance policies, and the claims adjustment process. Reading this material will provide you with a foundation in the basic principles of law and risk management, thus helping you deal with everyday legal and risk issues surrounding your business.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Discuss the issues surrounding contracting law
- Explain the legal aspects of real estate financing
- Understand environmental law and land use
- Identify potential legal liability situations
- Formulate effective loss control programs
- Understand insurance policies needed to help protect your company from potential liability claims
- Describe how underwriting for insurance affects your coverage
- Provide comprehensive employee benefit plans
INSTRUCTOR: Glenn Good
Glenn Good is the General Manager at 333 Bush in San Francisco for Tishman Speyer. Glenn is an experienced, results-oriented real estate executive with expertise in commercial property and facilities management as well as leasing. He has a strong background in market analysis, planning, implementation, security, budgeting, strategic planning and tenant relations. Glenn is currently the Treasurer of BOMA San Francisco and serves on the BOMA California Board of Directors as well.
To register by credit card, sign-in with your username and password or "create a new account" if you do not already have a username/password.
To register by check, click here, complete the registration form and return to Akiba Davis-Everett, firstname.lastname@example.org. Your check should be mailed to BOMA SF, 233 Sansome Street, 8th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94104.
Member rate: $1,250
Non-member rate: $1,350